Mohanlal is called Lalettan not just by the fans but the entire Malayalee community who honours and considers it a luck to have him born on this side of the earth. Its been a long 39 years and the actor has crossed all levels of acting in South Indian languages but has also been part of Bollywood movies. On his birthday, let’s take a look at very lesser known facts of Mohanlal :
1. Mohanlal Vishwanathan Nair known as Mohanlal was the Kerala State Boxing champion of 1978 and was selected for the National Championship but missed out as movie industry opened up for him.
2. Mohanlal was ranked as India’s 80th Most Trusted person by the Readers Digest.
3. Thiranottam which actually was his first movie got released after 25 years of debut.
4. A movie starring Mohanlal was released on an average of 15 days gap during the year of 1982-1988 and in 1988 he had 35 movies released which is seriously an unbelievable achievement.
5. Mohanlal is a Black Belt holder in Taekwondo which was conferred to him and became the third Indian to receive the title.
6. He was trained for the Great Escape under the Magician Gopinath Muthukad but had to call off as the fans went abrupt as it was deemed a dangerous attempt.
7. Acted along Mammootty who is an equivalent superstar of the industry in as much as 55 movies and has always been a surprising tale of friendship for the fans of these stars.
8. First Malayalam movie to go for Oscar nominations was Mohanlal’s Guru under the Best Foreign Film Category.
9. Amithabh Bachan once quoted ” Mohanlal is India’s best ever realistic actor” and Bachan’s Daughter in law debuted in the movie Iruvar opposite Mohanlal.
10. Mohanlal holds the 29th floor of the world’s tallest building Burj Khalifa in Dubai.
is a Padmashree holder and a Lieutenant Colonel in the Indian army who
holds a Doctorate along with a Bharat award with a stellar acting
calibre. Wishing a very Happy Birthday to the pride of Indian cinema on
21st May 2019 who completes the age of 59.